How to install Artificial Turf
The installation of artificial turf involves several steps, including:
1. Site preparation: The first step is to prepare the site where the turf will be installed. This involves removing any existing grass, weeds, rocks, and debris, and leveling the area.
2. Base layer: A base layer of crushed stone or gravel is then installed and compacted to create a stable base for the turf.
3. Edging: Next, edging is installed around the perimeter of the area to keep the turf in place.
4. Turf installation: The turf is then rolled out over the base layer and cut to fit the area. Seams are joined together using adhesive and the edges are secured to the edging.
5. Infill: Infill material is then spread over the turf and brushed into the fibers to help stabilize the blades and provide cushioning.
6. Final touches: Finally, any excess infill is removed, and the turf is brushed to ensure that the fibers are standing upright.
The installation process can vary depending on the specific requirements of the project, but these are the general steps involved in installing artificial turf. It is recommended to hire a professional installer to ensure the installation is done correctly and the turf performs as expected.